To my great surprise, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Ronel Jance Van Vuuren at https://ronelthemythmaker.wordpress.com.
Thank you so much, Ronel! I’m honored.
The rules are as follows:
–Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the award.
– Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you.
– Nominate people (comment on their blog to let them know).
– Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
Here are Ronel’s 11 questions:
- Pantser or Planner: do you plan your projects or do you just go by ear? I do a lot of mental planning and always know the ending before I begin. I’m usually a bit sketchy on the details in the middle, but I try to be certain they all add to the point of the story. So, I’m neither a true planner, nor am I in fact a pantser. Instead, I’m a hybrid of the two.
- Red or Green: in new situations do you jump in all fired up or do you watch and listen? I am a watcher and listener.
- Short Stories or Novels: which do you write and why? I have written both, but I have more confidence in my short stories. Thus, I’ve done little with the novels, of which there are three.
- To NaNoWriMo or not to NaNoWriMo: will you write a complete first draft this November or not? Explain. I’ve participated in the NaNoWriMo. I completed a novel. However, I don’t know if I need another doorstop littering my little house. Haha! I will eventually edit the completed manuscripts and ask for Beta Readers. Anyone interested in helping a writer? Until I polish the existing pieces, I don’t imagine I’ll write anything longer than shorts.
- Give away your writing for free: do you publish short stories about your novels on writing platforms like Wattpad to generate more readers? Whether you do or don’t, explain your reasoning. I have not used Wattpad. Perhaps I should look into it. You’re giving me so much to think about.
- Writing competitions: do you enter them or do you shun them? Why? I have entered some writing competitions, even earned honorable mentions on a couple, but I don’t pay to enter.
- Social Media: Google+ or Twitter? Which one do you prefer and why? Twitter is great fun and I’ve made some really fabulous contacts through it. https://twitter.com/BlackKerryblick
- Slow blogging (once or twice a week) or daily blogging: which one appeals to you most and why? I guess I slow blog, with the exception of the A-Z Challenge. The A-Z Challenge asks bloggers to pick a theme which can be represented by the alphabet and post daily, save Sundays. I’ve participated for three years. Otherwise, I enjoy answering Charli Mills’ weekly prompts at https://carrotranch.com/
- Fantasy (and other genres like it) or Realism: write it, read it and what appeals to you in it? I read almost everything. As a result, I write an eclectic mix of stories.
- If you could only eat one type of food for every meal forever, what would it be and why? I suppose it would have to be stir fry, because stir fry contains a lovely blend of the food groups. Although, if I could have a side of truly fresh fruit as a side, I’d be a happy person!
- Oliver Queen from Smallville (first guy in green below) or Oliver Queen from Arrow (second guy in green below): who would you rather have guarding your city? Why? Although he’s a bit more angsty, I think Stephen Amell’s portrayal of the character feels more “real.” He on the right has a compelling backstory and is a hero despite a lack of obvious “super powers.” However, the Smallville Oliver Queen has the advantage of a close friendship with Clark Kent and Lois Lane, so I guess I’d go with him.
I now have 11 nominees listed below, and I look forward to their answers to the 11 questions I’ve included in the end.
Staci Troilo at https://stacitroilo.wordpress.com/
Gillyflower at https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/51234206
Crow at https://wordsandfeathers.com
- How much time a day do you spend writing?
- What are your greatest influences?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you visit? Live?
- Plan a dinner party with anyone, living or dead. Who highlights your guest list?
- What’s your favorite scent and why?
- What size is your family? Do you have many siblings?
- What is your preferred mode of transportation?
- Do you have a cause you’d fight and go to jail for?
- Ever think of running for political office?
- What is your favorite social media platform and why?